Do you have Acne? We can help you achieve clear, blemish-free skin.
We are dedicated to providing you with the safest and most medically effective acne treatments available. Our goal is to offer patients a very individualized treatment program specific to your concern and your type of acne. We provide a regular follow-up evaluation to assess your progress each step of the way.
Acne is the most common skin disorder seen by physicians
Although teens are most often affected by acne, adults in later life may also be affected. Acne is the visible end result of an interplay of hormonal, bacterial, and inflammation disturbances in the skin.
Blocked pores trap oil (sebum) that is produced by our sebaceous glands, which creates an environment for the growth of a type of acne bacteria. The inflammation that results produces pimples, or deeper lumps such as cysts or nodules. If acne is neglected or improperly treated, scarring may result.
The general goal of treatments are:
- Reduce sebum (oil) production
- Eliminate acne bacteria
- Reduce inflammation
- Facilitate skin exfoliation
Types of Acne Lesions:
- Comedomes – whiteheads or blackheads. These develop when a hair follicle is blocked by a keratin plug. People with comedomes have bumpy-looking skin.
- Papules or Pimples. These are the red bumps.
- Pustules. These are papules that contain pus.
- Cysts and nodules. These are deeper and have the tendency to scar.
Combination therapies are the best approach. These include:
- Basic acne-fighting skin care products such as physician approved cleansers and moisturizers
- Topical preparations – such as antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, and vitamin A derivatives
- Oral medications
- Laser treatments and other light technologies
OFFICE OPENING: SEPTEMBER 3
#410 - 612 View Street
Victoria, BC V8W 1J5
Please email us and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
If your matter is of an urgent nature, please contact our office by phone.
We look forward to working with you to help you achieve beautiful skin.